Ad Code

DSWD will no longer accept walk-in applicants in the distribution of financial aid

 DEPARTMENT of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Erwin Tulfo said they will no longer accept walk-in applicants in the distribution of financial aid for indigent students to avoid a repeat of the crowding that happened last Saturday during the first day of the payout.

Tulfo said those who wish to avail themselves of the cash aid would have to register through https://bit.ly/3dB9mSg or email DSWD at ciu.co@dswd.gov.ph.



Under the program, indigent elementary school students will be given P1,000; high school students, P2,000; senior high school students, P3,000; and college or vocational students, P4,000.


Meanwhile, Tulfo said beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) who were given the educational aid on Saturday should return the money since they are no longer eligible for the educational assistance program.


Should they refuse to do so, the DSWD will deduct the amount from their monthly 4Ps cash aid.


Tulfo said P154 million has so far been distributed to 53,000 students under the program.


He said they expect a total of 375,000 to 400,000 indigent students to benefit from the one-time financial aid.


The aid was distributed ahead of the August 22 opening of basic education classes in the country.


Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu